Deputy Governor of Akwa Ibom State, Mr Nsima Ekere has resigned from office to avoid the impeachment which was being planned against him. In a release issued by Ekere’s press secretary, Mr Inemesit Ina, entitled ‘Akwa Ibom Deputy Governor resigns’, it was stated as follows: “The deputy Governor of Akwa Ibom State, Mr Nsima Ekere has resigned from office.” In a letter of resignation dated Wednesday, October 31, 2012, Ekere said he was resigning from the position he held for 17 months on personal grounds. The letter reads: “Mr Ekere wished the governor and the people well in the remaining years of the administration.” Meanwhile, plans had already been concluded for Ekere to be impeached next week by the state House of Assembly on grounds that he became too interested in succeeding Governor Akpabio in 2015, whereas there were others assumed to have been individuated for the job. Unconfirmed report indicates that Ekere was advised to resign to avoid being subjected to Chris Ekpenyong’s treatment whose process of impeachment was started and concluded within two days by the House and the investigation panel set up by the then State Chief Judge, Justice Effiong Idiong. It took the intervention of the Federal Executive Council led by Chief Ojo Madueke, then a minister to prevail on the House and Chief Victor Attah to upturn the impeachment and give Ekpenyong a leverage for resignation.
- Next story Boko Haram: Senator Zannah Sues Attorney General, Claims N5 Billion Damages
- Previous story Much Trouble For P.M News As Ajimobi’s Wife Returns From London
NEW ‘STUFFS’ ON BIGLAWNEWSLINE!
READERS ONLINE NOW…..
FOLLOW US ON TWEETER
JOIN US ON FACEBOOK
‘STUFFS’ YOU MISSED
- Fitness: Kendall Jenner uses THIS app to get her amazing abs 3rd September 2017 Women's Health
- Fitness and Weight Loss: How this woman lost 100 pounds to get ‘revenge’ on her cheating ex 10th April 2017 Women's Health
- Tech: Blue Apron just partnered with the godfather of sustainable meat — and the move will transform its meal kits 26th March 2017 Leanna Garfield
- #BBNaija: Former Housemate Kemen Receives a Warm Welcome as he Arrives Akwa Ibom 26th March 2017 BellaNaija.com
- There Are Not Enough Days in the Year To Celebrate Mothers | Happy Mothering Sunday 26th March 2017 BellaNaija.com
- Ambode Lauds Fashola’s Achievements as Lagos Governor 26th March 2017 BellaNaija.com
- Apostle Suleman and wife loved up in new photos 26th March 2017 Linda Ikeji
- Liz Benson's daughter, Leelee Benson set to wed her fiance, Promise Ugochukwu 26th March 2017 Linda Ikeji
- Here's another 'we met on Twitter' love story that led to marriage 26th March 2017 Linda Ikeji