“I’m from Delta State. I was born into a Christian family of five girls and a boy. I lost my brother in 1991 to asthma. I lived with my parents until I came to Lagos after my secondary school. I was living with my sister, got into music and that was when I went to Klink Studio, joined a band and started performing live. My daddy is a fantastic man. He is Chief SKC Damasus. He was a banker all his life.
During the war he was a soldier and after the war he became a banker. My mum is a banker as well. I was brought up in a home of bankers. Everything was by the book. You go to school, come back, study, receive guests and the likes. Again, because I had older sisters things were easier. Growing up was fun.
My family name was changed from Ojukwu to Damasus during the Nigeria/Biafra civil war because we were being mistaken to be related to a warlord. I was told that my family name used to be Ojukwu but during the civil war there was confusion because a lot of my family members were mistaken to be related to one war lord.
They were burning a lot of houses in my village so my father and his brother decided to adopt my grandfather’s first name. It was a Greek name which was Damasus, my grandfather’s name was Damasus Ojukwu. So I was born into Damasus not Ojukwu and the only thing I know about the civil war are the stories my parents told me.”
- Next story Remember The Husband And Wife Brutalized By Uniformed Officer? Lagos Police Take ‘Proactive Approach’ With This One Defence
- Previous story 81-Year-Old Grandma Goes Skydiving And It Is The Most Adorable Experience
NEW ‘STUFFS’ ON BIGLAWNEWSLINE!
READERS ONLINE NOW…..
FOLLOW US ON TWEETER
JOIN US ON FACEBOOK
‘STUFFS’ YOU MISSED
- Fitness: Kendall Jenner uses THIS app to get her amazing abs 3rd September 2017 Women's Health
- Fitness and Weight Loss: How this woman lost 100 pounds to get ‘revenge’ on her cheating ex 10th April 2017 Women's Health
- In Sokoto: Sharia court orders arrest of Senior Councillor 25th March 2017 Pulse News Agency Local By NAN
- Chris Brown to make guest appearance on ABC series Black-ish next week 25th March 2017 BellaNaija.com
- Rob Kardashian may be getting his Own Dating Show Thanks to Kris Jenner! 25th March 2017 BellaNaija.com
- Damilola Adegbite, Erelu Bisi Fayemi, Toun Okewale & More Attend the Unvieling of Adesuwa Onyenokwe’s Debut Film “Chatroom” | See Photos on BN 25th March 2017 BellaNaija.com
- Hilarious new episode of Linda Ikeji TV's Gidi Pranks. See reactions from men who were accused of hitting a lady's butt in public 25th March 2017 Linda Ikeji
- The Secret Service can no longer afford the Trump family lifestyle 25th March 2017 Linda Ikeji
- 5 More Days To The Big Unveil & The Slimtea Discount Continues! 25th March 2017 Linda Ikeji