Man’s Arms, Leg Amputated After Suffering 33,000-Volt Electric Shock At Work

The father of twins who worked as a scaffolder says a few months ago, he suffered the 33,000-volt electric shock at work.

And though he escaped death, the incident led to loss of both arms and his right leg.

Doctors also say his left leg would be amputated in July.

The 33-year-old father says he had suffered the electric shock while holding a tin sheet as he built a shelter at work.

He was thrown back 13ft and landed on the half-finished metal roof in an accident still being investigated by the Health and Safety Executive.

The UK resident, Jamie Mines, says, “I just remember a massive surge burning my insides. I don’t know if I blacked out from the pain, because the next thing I knew I was lying on my back.

“I was trying to stay still because I knew I could fall off the roof, but the pain was a thousand times worse than anything I have felt before.

“I was screaming and shouting, telling the guys to call an ambulance. I knew exactly what had happened.

“I was too close to the power. It felt like my heart and lungs were burning, and then it was my legs and arms.

“My whole body was on fire, like there was 1,000-degree heat inside me, but there were no flames.

“I thought I was dead. I thought I was burned to a crisp.”

Doctors put him in an induced coma for three weeks and told his family he might die. In the three days after the shock, surgeons amputated Jamie’s right leg, left forearm and half of his left foot, and 10 days later they removed his right arm.

One of Jamie’s vocal cords was also burned and he suffered damage to his kidneys.

Despite his devastating injuries, he says he is looking to the future with both hope and gratitude.

Drop Your Facebook Comments

You may also like...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Follow Us On Facebook

Facebook Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com